Friday, July 19, 2013

Welcome To The Jungle

Apparently there is a song by Guns 'n' Roses called Welcome To The Jungle.  It seems to be fairly popular, because I keep running into people referencing it, or saying it's stuck in their head.  I don't know if I've ever heard it myself, though.  And I always get very confused when someone brings it up, because whenever they mention Welcome To The Jungle, this is the version that I think they are talking about:


It is such a good song.  Well, it's not, but you know what I mean.  I love it.  Pizzazz is a crazy jungle lady attacking random crew members in some straw hut/pyramid setting, crawling around on all fours and pouncing on the cute blond hunter guy, presumably to rip his throat out with her teeth. After her freaky convulsion-dance on the pyramid, anyway. Roxy and Stormer are on bongo duty.  At some point they die and their ghosts ascend to the stars to bongo Mufasa style, and Pizzazz goes back to dancing on the pyramid.  Somehow her shadow doesn't seem to match up with her movements at all.  The Misfits just had the best music videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment