Monday, February 4, 2013

The Super Bowl Bandwagon

I did not watch the Super Bowl this year.  Or last year.  I'm not even sure which sport the Super Bowl is for. Apparently there are commercials?  And...people want to watch them, for some reason.  Even though every technological advance in the past twenty years has been made with the end goal of never having to watch commercials on TV ever again.*
*This is an exaggeration, but just barely..

But everybody else on the Internet is talking about the Super Bowl, so I guess I should jump on the bandwagon despite my complete lack of anything at all to say about the Super Bowl.

The only thing I have to say about it is a personal, possibly embarrassing confession: I did not realize the Super Bowl was happening until I got an email alert from a newspaper telling me who won.  Even though I had noticed the entire internet going into Super Bowl mode all week.  Honestly, I thought they were still talking about last year's Super Bowl.  I don't know why.  I should have realized that the internet does not have that kind of attention span.  In retrospect, the way people were talking about it made it fairly obvious that it wasn't about a previous event but an upcoming one.  And yet...I totally blanked on it.  Not my proudest moment.  Oh well, it's only [whatever sport it is].  It's not like it matters.  Have a My Little Pony gif.



No comments:

Post a Comment